Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Blog  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Back to Paper Treasures  Log in  

I am so frustrated!! (Sorry it's long)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2006-10-10

I am so frustrated!!  (Sorry it's long) Empty
PostSubject: I am so frustrated!! (Sorry it's long)   I am so frustrated!!  (Sorry it's long) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 10:26 am

I went to Lowe's Monday morning to get the supplies to redo my scraproom. I spent $67.00, (which it took me awhile to save up, since I am on disability), and I had to tell the guy HOW to do the measurements, and then HOW to cut the boards I wanted. (this is after I waited more than 10 minutes to get some help back there), Then I go over to paint, and I have to wait until they can find someone that works that Dept. Then, they could not match the color I wanted, even though I had gotten the paint sample from there, so I had to choose another color.... So, I search and search, and find the one that is closest to the color I want, and I have to go in search of the employee again!! Finally, after over 2 hours in the store, I am ready to go home! Anyways, I get home, and get ready to start sanding, and priming and painting, and the boards do NOT match!! some are too short by over 1/2 inch, and others are too long by over 1/2 an inch! and they are warped!!!! I spent about 15 minutes going through the plywood, until I found the perfect board! No warps, no buckles, and no knots.... and then I get it home, and it is all warped, and has gouges in it. (How the heck does that happen???) But, I have to make do, since I don't when I will have a way to get back to town to exchange it! So I sanded and cut it all to match, which makes it shorter than I wanted, but what could I do?.... (BTW: I emailed Lowe's customer care Dept. Monday after I discovered the problem) I put the table together, and attached it to the wall last night. warps and all. and I got mad and so upset over how bad it looked, that I just went to bed.
I got up this morning, and checked my emails, and I have an email from the Manager of the local Lowe's store, telling me he is sorry, and wants to replace the boards and plywood, and refund my money, as well. WHY couldn't he email me BEFORE I did all the work on it and attached it to the wall??
So, what do I do?? Take it all down and tell them to come and get it..... or do I just leave it as it is, and suffer with it?? Grrrrrrrr
See why I am so frustrated??... Nope, actually I am beyond frustrated,........ now I am P'D off!!

Thanks for letting me vent!!

Rae
Back to top Go down
Scrappy Doo 2 U

Scrappy Doo 2 U

Number of posts : 1263
Birthday : December 18th
Registration date : 2006-11-27

PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated!! (Sorry it's long)   I am so frustrated!!  (Sorry it's long) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 10:49 am

Oh... sweetie! I have had those days. I understand your frustration completely, and believe me you have the right. I had gone to buy some 2x4's, plexiglass, carpet scraps, and glass...(DH and I were building a large cage for my 3rd child! Well critter-child anyway (32" iguana named Izabelle). When I hand selected the wood it was in pretty good condition (no warps & knots). Fortunately for me, the employee knew how to use a tape measurer and got my cuts right. We built our cage about a year ago and it is still a little warped. We've tried to train the wood for the last year, but I guess it's set in its way cause it won't give!

If you are on disability and have no transportation, I would play that card as much as you can and have THEM come pick up the materials ... after all, didn't you say that they were willing to replace them AND give you a refund for your inconvenience? If they are willing to replace & refund, then have them bring it to you since you have already been inconvenienced. Now it's their turn to be inconvenienced.

Just know that your scrappin sista's got your back! (LOL)
Remember ... that which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

It'll all be okay, eventually, and until then ... I'm here to listen to ya vent!

Suz
Back to top Go down
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated!! (Sorry it's long)   I am so frustrated!!  (Sorry it's long) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 11:02 am

Suz, I think I will email them and tell them they can replace it, and deliver it to me! I just hope they get the cuts right, AND that they pick out a good piece of plywood!!!! One with no warps or knots!! Maybe the manager will make sure it is all done right, IF he knows how to do it!! LOL

Thanks for having my back!! LOL

Rae

PS, I am Sooooo glad you clarified the "cage for your 3rd child"!! I was starting to wonder, until I read a little farther on!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Scrappy Doo 2 U

Scrappy Doo 2 U

PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated!! (Sorry it's long)   I am so frustrated!!  (Sorry it's long) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 11:08 am

Just stay strong and remember that old saying...

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!
Back to top Go down
missysue

missysue

Number of posts : 991
Birthday : May 24th
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated!! (Sorry it's long)   I am so frustrated!!  (Sorry it's long) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 11:18 am

i totally agree with suz. you shouldn't have to keep it if they are willing to give you new things and refund your money. good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesassyscrapper.com
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated!! (Sorry it's long)   I am so frustrated!!  (Sorry it's long) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 11:23 am

Thanks Missy. I will let you guys know what they do about this issue, as soon as I hear back from them!

Rae
Back to top Go down
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated!! (Sorry it's long)   I am so frustrated!!  (Sorry it's long) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 4:34 pm

OK, I think it is all fixed! They are supposed to deliver the new boards this afternoon! The manager says he cut it all himslef to make sure it was cut correctly! He is also giving me a full refund on all my purchases that morning! Can you believe it?? A replacement AND refund!!!!??? Awesome!! All I wanted was for the boards to correctly cut, and I got it all, and then some.
OK, so now my day is much better!!!!
So, now I will be priming and painting it all again, and re-hanging it. Oh well, at least it should all fit together now!! LOL Besides, I need the excercise!! HAAAAA

Rae
Back to top Go down
Scrappy Doo 2 U

Scrappy Doo 2 U

PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated!! (Sorry it's long)   I am so frustrated!!  (Sorry it's long) EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 9:47 am

I hate to hear that you have to re-prep your wood and get it back right, but atleast now you know it will be right! And more importantly, YOU will be happy!

Love to see how it looks when you get it pulled all together.

Have a beautiful day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am so frustrated!! (Sorry it's long)   I am so frustrated!!  (Sorry it's long) Empty

Back to top Go down

I am so frustrated!! (Sorry it's long)
Page 1 of 1