Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Blog  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Back to Paper Treasures  Log in  

ABA Swap - Don't Panic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Donna D

Donna D

Number of posts : 1142
Birthday : January 8th
Registration date : 2006-10-05

ABA Swap - Don't Panic Empty
PostSubject: ABA Swap - Don't Panic   ABA Swap - Don't Panic EmptyThu Mar 08, 2007 2:58 pm

Don’t panic! This one is for April. This is an ABA (altered book art) Page Swap.
Because all pages must meet standards, people can collect pages from their favorite artists and create their own altered book.
Art Pages are standardized so they are HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE (on Ebay, so I hear), compatible with art pages from other artists, no matter what media they use!!! They can be fabric, wood, metal, cardstock, plastic, clay….and so on.

Single/Individual Page REQUIREMENTS:
* Single/Individual altered book pages must either be:
* Rectangle: 5”x 7”, OR
* Square: 6”x 6”
* Margins need to be 1/2” from left side of page.
* Both sides of page need to be finished (completed, decorated).
* Page must be signed and dated in any way you choose.
* Holes must be reinforced. The two (2) acceptable eyelet sizes for single/individual pages are 1/4” & 3/8”. You are not limited to these two sizes in completed book projects.

Here are some acceptable alternatives to consider depending on what your page is constructed of:
1)Gummed Paper Reinforcements - available at discount stores and office supply stores. Very inexpensive and can be painted, inked, stamped, colored with markers, etc. These are for the lightest weight pages ONLY. However, you should consider doubling the lightweight pages to give them more structure and support....then set your eyelets. Don't cut corners or scrimp and try to use them on other pages to avoid setting eyelets. If you decide to use them, place them on BOTH SIDES of the page.
2)Metal Washers - these are very attractive and come in brass and rust-proof zinc. Find them at your local discount stores, hardware stores, and home improvement stores.
3)Clear Plastic Washers - Find them at your local discount stores, hardware stores, and home improvement stores. Use them as they come, or cover them with papers or fabrics that coordinate with your page. They can also be colored on the 'wrong side' or 'back side' with Sharpie Markers for an interesting stained glass effect.

We will be making a 5 x 7 and will have a swap partner so we will only be making one page each. Like the ATC’s you do whatever you want, it’s art! Just follow the guidelines. Someday you might want to put one up on Ebay and see what happens! I put a picture in the gallery of the one I just did for a swap. I’m giving plenty of time because of all that is going on already.

Registration ends: April 1st, or until we have an even amount of participants.
Finished pages mailed no later than: April 21st (may be changed depending on registration).
Back to top Go down
http://www.papertreasures.net
missysue

missysue

Number of posts : 991
Birthday : May 24th

PostSubject: Re: ABA Swap - Don't Panic   ABA Swap - Don't Panic EmptyFri Mar 09, 2007 4:15 pm

i am in!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesassyscrapper.com
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2006-10-10

PostSubject: Re: ABA Swap - Don't Panic   ABA Swap - Don't Panic EmptyFri Mar 09, 2007 4:26 pm

I will probably be in too....... will let ya know for sure closer to the deadline...... Sounds like fun!!!

Rae
Back to top Go down
Scrappy Doo 2 U

Scrappy Doo 2 U

Number of posts : 1263
Birthday : December 18th
Registration date : 2006-11-27

PostSubject: Re: ABA Swap - Don't Panic   ABA Swap - Don't Panic EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 12:04 am

i think i gotta step back and watch this time Sad
Too much for me to handle right now.
gotta finish some already started projects!

.... and jump back on to SB'ing for a lil bit!

Scrappy Sad
Back to top Go down
Donna D

Donna D

PostSubject: Re: ABA Swap - Don't Panic   ABA Swap - Don't Panic EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 4:20 pm

How about we do it this way, when everyone is ready to commit, just sign up, when we have enough people we will do it. It has to be an even number so everyone has a partner. So no deadline, just when you are free. How does that work for everyone??Smile
Back to top Go down
missysue

missysue

Number of posts : 991
Birthday : May 24th

PostSubject: Re: ABA Swap - Don't Panic   ABA Swap - Don't Panic EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 4:47 pm

okie dokie
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesassyscrapper.com
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2006-10-10

PostSubject: Re: ABA Swap - Don't Panic   ABA Swap - Don't Panic EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 9:50 am

Donna, do we do the pages Landscape or portrait?? With the narrow part (5in) at the top, or the wide part (7in) at the top??

Sorry if it is a confusing question!!

Rae
Back to top Go down
Donna D

Donna D

PostSubject: Re: ABA Swap - Don't Panic   ABA Swap - Don't Panic EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 4:58 pm

I guess if it's the right size and the holes are in the right place, it doesn't matter. I have one in the gallery that I did, and I'm gonna post the one I got in return, its really cool!
Back to top Go down
rhea

Number of posts : 61
Birthday : 11th april
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: ABA Swap - Don't Panic   ABA Swap - Don't Panic EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 5:53 pm

sorry girls...not really into scrapbooks....i have to keep life books for my three foster kids, so thats about as far as that goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ABA Swap - Don't Panic   ABA Swap - Don't Panic Empty

Back to top Go down

ABA Swap - Don't Panic
Page 1 of 1