Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Blog  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Back to Paper Treasures  Log in  

Classes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Donna D

Donna D

Number of posts : 1142
Birthday : January 8th
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Classes Empty
PostSubject: Classes   Classes EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 2:08 pm

scrappy,
did you ever tell us you were going to be teaching a months worth of classes? congratualtions!!!! you will do great! please let us know how they go! i wish i could teach, i suck at it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.papertreasures.net
Scrappy Doo 2 U

Scrappy Doo 2 U

Number of posts : 1263
Birthday : December 18th
Registration date : 2006-11-27

Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classes   Classes EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 4:45 pm

Well I hadn't officially posted it here, but yes. I had send my LSS an pm w/a link to my gallery here so they could see my works. They called me back in 15 minutes and said that they'd love to put me on the August schedule. I said sure .... my first class is August 4th ... I have two classes that day (survival kit & card making) and then another two later in the month to repeat those two themes on diff days.

The only draw back is that they wanted a "teaser" to put on the counter by Sat (TODAY) if possible. Today is their year anniversary and they were having a huge crop day and giveaways and contests. They wanted to have the teaser there since it would be a high traffic day and possibly encourage people to sign up. I got it pulled off .... I had to put it together in a day and 1/2. I have uploaded it to my altered art gallery and would love comments (honest comments, you know ... good, bad, or suggestions for improvements). Here's the link....
http://thesassyscrapper.com/Gallery1/view_album.php

Oh BTW.... I still want to do classes here for you too! This will just give me some experience. If you would be willing to put the goodies (kits) together then I would be happy to have a class on here for either this same idea (maybe a diff theme if you'd like) or a technique class. I just don't have the means to get all the goodies for the classes.

Scraps
Back to top Go down
Scrappy Doo 2 U

Scrappy Doo 2 U

Number of posts : 1263
Birthday : December 18th
Registration date : 2006-11-27

Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classes   Classes EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 2:17 pm

Well since I'm a new teacher and I didn't have any teaser cards displayed on the counter for potential students to take my class I had a registered. My LSS doesn't like for you to make cuts in stock until the night before. Since I had two I made two kits. Low and behold .... a third walked in and wanted to take the class, so I had to cut her supplies as we went along .... which was frustrating. However, I did okay, except I just let the ladies go at their pace. LSS wanted me done quicker. They also said that I made the cards at an intermediate & advanced level and said in the future they want me to do 2 beginner cards and then finish up with two 'wow' cards at the intermed/adv levels.

So all in all, I did fine, they just want me to simplify it for some of the gals. One of the gals is a sweet lil ole lady who doesn't see to well and she slowed us down even more. I think I could have shaved quite a bit of time off of the class if it wasn't for her, but she had fun and I guess that is what it was all about.

I got a little frustrated with my dh though. I had stayed up late the night before doing final prep for class, got up early the next day, fed the kids breakfast and then finished up everything for the class. When I get back home dh in funky mood and hadn't done anything but take a nap and play on the computer. HE DIDNT EVEN FEED THE KIDS LUNCH! The house was in need of 2 good hard hours of cleaning and I was flat out tired. He just put the cherry on the cake of my day.

I'm posted up 3 of the cards that I did in this class. I didn't get to photograph the 4th, it's at the LSS. Maybe I can get it later.

Anyway, thanks for asking me Donna! I just posted my reply here under the correct topic.

Smile

Hugs to you gals! Now that things have calmed down for me I plan on being here more this week.

My next card class (same cards) will be 8/9 at 5:30 pm.
Then I have the survival kit class on 8/22 at 10:30 am.

Smile

Scraps
Back to top Go down
Donna D

Donna D

Number of posts : 1142
Birthday : January 8th

Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classes   Classes EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 9:18 am

I'm glad everything went well, cept the dh part. Sounds like it was fun and a little scary at the same time, but I'm a big chicken, not good speaking to a group.
Back to top Go down
http://www.papertreasures.net
missysue

missysue

Number of posts : 991
Birthday : May 24th

Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classes   Classes EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 12:06 am

you will rock at it!!!!! be sure to share your creativity with us!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesassyscrapper.com
Sponsored content

Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classes   Classes Empty

Back to top Go down

Classes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Club House :: Paper Treasures News-
Jump to: