Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Blog  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Back to Paper Treasures  Log in  

Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2006-10-10

Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes Empty
PostSubject: Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes   Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes EmptyMon Dec 11, 2006 10:04 am

My sisters husband is serving our Country in Iraq, He lost 2 of his buddies last week, and I want to make something nice to send to him..... although I know it will be late. Sad My sister suggested that I send a care package along with homemade candy and cookies...... but I need ideas on some recipes that are easy and cheap. being on disability hurts the pocketbook, so I can't spend alot on it, but I would like to send enough that he can share with his buddies.

I made him a paint can already, I actually found red white and blue wall paper samples in the books I got from Sherwin Williams, and it turned out really cute, if I do say so myself!! LOL

Anyways, can you guys share some Cookie and Candy recipes with me, please??

I really really appreciate it!!!!! Rachel
Back to top Go down
missysue

missysue

Number of posts : 991
Birthday : May 24th
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes   Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes EmptyMon Dec 11, 2006 10:11 am

let me look through my recipes and see what i have
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesassyscrapper.com
Scrappy Doo 2 U

Scrappy Doo 2 U

Number of posts : 1263
Birthday : December 18th
Registration date : 2006-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes   Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes EmptyMon Dec 11, 2006 10:38 am

Hey Luvy!

I don't know how well this will ship, but this is something I do every year around this time.

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls (Like Reeses PB Cups)

You will need....
1 jar of PB
1 bag of powdered sugar
1 stick of butter, softened
Melting Chocolate

Mix 3 cup of PB, butter & approx 5-6 cups of sugar ... maybe more. You just need to keep blending sugar in until mix becomes dense and chalk like, but still forms a ball. Roll into ball and set on wax paper in fridge for about 30 min - 1 hr. While in fridge melt choc in sauce pan (you must babysit it or it might burn/stick). Using fork dip PB ball into melted choc and place back on wax paper to cool/set up. Will make lots, depending on the size of the ball you make. I ususally make them about a single bite size.

You can also get white choc & drizzle over the top for contrast and deco.

With any left over choc you may have, you can always make choc covered peanuts & pretzels.
Back to top Go down
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes   Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes EmptyMon Dec 11, 2006 10:48 am

Scrappy, that sounds wonderful!! I think I will give it a try, and see how well it turns out.... my bf loves reese's cups, so if nothing else, he can eat them all!! LOL

Thank you!!

Rachel
Back to top Go down
missysue

missysue

PostSubject: Re: Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes   Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes EmptyMon Dec 11, 2006 10:59 am

It's a no bake recipe.

Peanut Butter Bars

1 1/4 cups peanut butter
2 sticks of butter, melted
2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs (very fine)
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar.

Mix all ingredients together, until everything is mixed in well.

Press firmly into a 9x13 pan. Melt 1 package of Milk chocolate, chocolate chips, and pour over the top. You can also use Hershey Bars. Refrigerate until chocolate is hardened.

They really do taste like a Peanut butter cup!
Back to top Go down
missysue

missysue

PostSubject: Re: Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes   Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes EmptyMon Dec 11, 2006 11:00 am

Double chocolate Chip Cookies

1 package chocolate devils food cake mix
1/2 cup butter ,softened
1teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup seemisweet chocolate chips

preheat oven 350. Beat half of dry cake mix the butter, and eggs in a large bowl on med. speed until smooth. stir in remaining cake mix, nuts, and chocolate chips. drop by rounded teaspoonfuls.about 2inches apart onto a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. middle will be soft. makes about 5 dozen
Back to top Go down
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes   Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes EmptyMon Dec 11, 2006 11:05 am

Thank you missy!!! These sound wonderful....... Looks like I am gonna have to make a trip to the store for some more peanut butter!!!! Smile

Rachel
Back to top Go down
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes   Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes EmptySat Dec 16, 2006 12:49 pm

missysue wrote:
It's a no bake recipe.

Peanut Butter Bars

1 1/4 cups peanut butter
2 sticks of butter, melted
2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs (very fine)
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar.

Mix all ingredients together, until everything is mixed in well.

Press firmly into a 9x13 pan. Melt 1 package of Milk chocolate, chocolate chips, and pour over the top. You can also use Hershey Bars. Refrigerate until chocolate is hardened.

They really do taste like a Peanut butter cup!

Missy, do this have to be kept in the refrigerator, and can they be kept wrapped, and on the counter??

Thanks!!

Rae
Back to top Go down
missysue

missysue

PostSubject: Re: Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes   Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes EmptySat Dec 16, 2006 3:22 pm

either way they go fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes   Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with EASY cookie and candy recipes
Page 1 of 1