Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Blog  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Back to Paper Treasures  Log in  

Soldier care packages

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2006-10-10

Soldier care packages Empty
PostSubject: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 1:40 pm

I am making care packages for my Brother in law and several men in his unit in Iraq, for Christmas. They lost 3 men in their until last week, and I want to try and do something a little special for them. I know it will not make it there by Christmas.
I was told it would be ok to make a post here, asking if any of you wonderful ladies would like to make a donation. I have a few people already helping out with cards from a child's class, and the children of a few of the ladies. Anything at all that you think would brighten their day, or anything that you think they could use would be greatly appreciated!!

If you are interested, please PM me and I will get you my address.

Thank you so much!

Rachel
Back to top Go down
Donna D

Donna D

Number of posts : 1142
Birthday : January 8th
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 2:41 pm

I will figure out something to do too. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.papertreasures.net
missysue

missysue

Number of posts : 991
Birthday : May 24th

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 2:52 pm

I have left a message with koles teacher to call me about having the kids make cards for the troops. what kind of stuff can we send????
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesassyscrapper.com
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 3:13 pm

Lets see, I have tried calling my sister, since I can't remember everything that can or cannot be sent, but she is not home, of course!! So, I will post what i can remember that CAN be sent:

Deodorant
Shower to Shower body powder
Jelly beans
Disposable camera (TAKEN CARE OF)
Beef jerky/Snack mixes/Sunflower seeds/nuts
Chewing gum or mints
Cereal bars/granola bars
Ziploc bags
Music CD's
Toothbrushes & toothpaste(TAKEN CARE OF)
Cereal bars/granola bars
Magazines/paperback books
AA batteries
D batteries
Stress relief squeeze balls
Lysol wipes/hand & face wipes
Board games (TAKEN CARE OF)
Razors (disposable)
Ink pens (TAKEN CARE OF)
Word Puzzle books
Icy/hot patches
Air activated heat wraps for sore muscles

Thats all I can remember right now. That is just a few of the things that some of the guys wanted!! But I know that anything at all is appreciated!!

Thank you guys so much!! I still think I could cry!! (OK missy, I won't, I promise!! LOL)

Rachel

Last edited by on Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
missysue

missysue

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 3:20 pm

we can send them scrapbook magazines. lol

condoms for the top of their guns so sand doesn't get in the barrel

and the girls could always use tampons.
Back to top Go down
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 3:40 pm

ahhhh, always a way to get someone else addicted to scrapping!!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 3:51 pm

There a few items in the list already taken care of. I noted to the side of the items in red.

Rachel
Back to top Go down
missysue

missysue

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 5:43 pm

rachel koles teacher called and she is going to have all the kids make one to two cards each. she just was wondering what troop your bil is in.
Back to top Go down
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 7:07 pm

missysue wrote:
rachel koles teacher called and she is going to have all the kids make one to two cards each. she just was wondering what troop your bil is in.

His unit is:
D2-5 1st Calvary Division
Unit #43234
It is a unit out of Fort Hood, Texas.

there are a little over 50soldiers in the entire unit, But I don't think they are all at the same place as of right now. They split in to 2 groups, from what I understand.

Please tell the Teacher how much it is appreciated!! I know the men will be so grateful to recieve the cards!!

Rachel
Back to top Go down
missysue

missysue

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 7:43 pm

some of us girls are gonna make cards ourselves for the troops. but ours are gonna be for them to mail home to their loved ones they will be decorated outside but blank inside.
Back to top Go down
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 9:04 pm

missysue wrote:
some of us girls are gonna make cards ourselves for the troops. but ours are gonna be for them to mail home to their loved ones they will be decorated outside but blank inside.

Missy, that is a great idea!! cheers I never would have thought of that! I am sure the guys will love it.
cheers cheers
Rae
Back to top Go down
Donna D

Donna D

Number of posts : 1142
Birthday : January 8th

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 9:31 pm

Missy and I have two cousins in Iraq. They are just kids, not older than 22 or 23.
I think every last one of them over there is a hero. They all chose to go, to defend our country, knowing they might not come back. Nothing says hero more than that! My boys are drafting age, should they ever bring it back, and it scares me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.papertreasures.net
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 9:38 pm

Donna I agree! Each and every soldier over there is a Hero! I pray for the safe return of all the soldiers.
I hope they never bring the draft back, my oldest son is Draft age, and that scares the heck outta me!

Rae
Back to top Go down
Luv2scrap1968

Luv2scrap1968

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyWed Dec 13, 2006 12:30 pm

I just had to share this, and I hope it is ok Missy???

Missy's son Kole had a wonderful idea yesterday, and he wouldn't let his Mom tell me, so she asked me to call so HE could tell me himself. So I called, and talked to Kole, who sounds like a very smart and polite young man! He said that since the men and women in iraq can't get access to alot of Christmas items, and aren't able to be home for the holidays, he thought it would be nice to send a little Christmas to them, and he suggested we send Candy Canes in our care package!! What a wonderful and thoughtful idea!! I never even thought about that!! Leave it to the heart of a child to think of the most wonderful ideas!!

Missy, tell Kole I said thank you so much for his wonderful idea!!

Rachel
Back to top Go down
missysue

missysue

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages EmptyWed Dec 13, 2006 6:04 pm

I will and that was ok to post this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soldier care packages   Soldier care packages Empty

Back to top Go down

Soldier care packages
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Life :: Off Topic-
Jump to: